Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stuck in Paris with the Naimey blues again

By this time I was supposed to be in Niamey, seeing my buddies, getting back into the African lifestyle. Instead I'm staying in a hotel next to the airport in Paris.

Here's what happened:

Seattle to Cincinnati is fine, Cincinnati to Newark fine, then the problems started. First there was a gate change 30 minutes before we're supposed to start boarding; not a problem. The cabin crew was hanging around just as confused as us when we get to the new gate and there's no plane. So about an hour later, half hour after we're supposed to be taking off we start boarding. Then on board the captain comes on to tell us they're still loading bags. I look outside, being over the baggage hatch and see them UNloading bags. Turns out that they had already loaded THIS plane with bags and our bags were still on the OLD plane sitting at the original gate. So they had to unload both planes, then load up our bags. By the time we got going we were already an hour and a half late. Guess how long my connection time was in Paris? Hour and a half of course.

So I missed my connection. It's too bad because I was supposed to be on the plane with all the new kids coming in for the next wave of volunteers, but on the bright side they're putting me up in a hotel for the next 3 days (yeah 3 days before the next flight to Niamey, not a super popular location I guess). I also get lunch, dinner, breakfast each day. So tomorrow I'll take the opportunity to go see a little bit of the city again. For now, I'm watching a Naked Gun movie in french. OJ Simpson is in it. hahaha, OJ Simpson....

Wanted to thank the Snohomish Lions club for letting me speak to them and they're offering of support for me and my projects. It really is the groups like lions club, rotary, etc who get community action going on so many fronts. Why don't people join them like they used to?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy check this website out.
http://www.maison-chance.org/alpha/index.php

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd like to congratulate you for such a great made forum!
thought this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/veggie-tales-party-supplies.html]veggie tales Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Post a Comment